Terms & Cancellation Policy
Clarity and Insight for Decisive Action
SDP Annual Conference and Workshops 2024 In-Person Event Registration Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (these “Terms”) govern Your registration for and participation in SDP Annual Conference and Workshops 2024 In-Person Event (the “Event”) and are an agreement between Society of Decision Professionals. ("SDP," "we," "us," or "our") and You. You represent to us that You are authorized to enter into these Terms.
CANCELLATION & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
SDP’s top priority is the health & safety of our attendees. SDP also wants to make it easy for you to join us at SDP Annual Conference and Workshops 2024, April 15-19, 2024, at Hilton Arlington located at 950 North Stafford Street, Arlington, VA 22203. We understand that every situation and region may be different during this time. As a result, we have implemented a risk-free registration process. Cancellation Deadline is Friday, March 15, 2024 11:59 PM PT.
In-Person Cancellation Terms:
• After you register, if you are no longer able to attend in-person in Arlington, a full refund of your pre-paid registration fee less a $100 processing fee will be available if you cancel by Friday, March 15, 2024, 11:59 PM PT.
• The deadline to request a full refund less a $100 processing fee is Friday, March 15, 2024, 11:59 PM PT. Your cancellation must be received by the stated cancellation deadline and will only be accepted in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No shows for the event will not receive a refund or credit.
• Registrations can be transferred to another person within your organization with the same membership status by contacting email@example.com.
• Travel Restrictions: If COVID-19 travel restrictions imposed in the state or country you are traveling from prevents your in-person attendance, SDP will work with you to credit the registration value towards a future event or refund the full amount.
• Please remember that canceling your registration does not automatically cancel your hotel and travel arrangements. You are responsible for canceling your own hotel and travel reservations.
• This cancellation policy applies to registration and any workshops you have purchased in connection with the SDP Annual Conference and Workshop that will be held from Monday, April 15 to Friday, April 19, 11:59 PM PT.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND WAIVER By registering to attend this Event and participating in Events held by SDP, You hereby acknowledge, understand and agree that:
• SDP adheres to applicable federal, state and local Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines and regulations and has implemented a number of health precautions for the protection of its in-person attendees, including requirement of face masks, social distancing measures, sanitizing and disinfection measures, and various other precautions. However, the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization have classified COVID-19 and its strains as a highly contagious and dangerous disease, SDP cannot eliminate the risk of You being exposed to or contracting COVID-19;
• You are fully aware that Your physical attendance at the Event Locations(s) and participation in the Event or any Event related activities carries with it certain inherent risks related to infectious diseases or viruses including but not limited to COVID-19 transmission (“Inherent Risks”) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying COVID-19; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from COVID-19 or the treatment thereof;
• You acknowledge that the risks of COVID-19 or its strains are not fully understood, and that contact with, or transmission of, COVID-19 may result in risks including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not currently ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered Inherent Risks;
• You understand and accept that there is Inherent Risk from a failure of other participants not following proper COVID-19 protocols, such as maintaining proper social distancing and hygiene measures, and that the COVID-19 precautionary measures being employed by SDP as designed and implemented in accordance with applicable regulations may be insufficient to prevent the transmission or contraction of COVID-19 and suffering any related injuries;
• You hereby voluntarily, knowingly and freely accept and assume all such Inherent Risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 or similar viruses, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties (as defined below);
• You acknowledge and assume full responsibility for risks inherent in any type of physical activity, including the activities at the Event location(s). These risks include property damage, serious bodily injury, and/or death, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties;
• You will not attend the Event in person if You experience symptoms that of fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID – 19 or similar virus at any time during the 14 days immediately prior to the commencement date of the Event;
• You will not attend the Event in person if You or any member(s) of Your household is diagnosed to be infected with COVID-19 or similar virus at any time during the 30 days immediately prior to the commencement date of the Event;
• Your attendance and participation in the Event is completely voluntary and that You are attending and participating in the Event of Your own free will and volition;
• It is Your responsibility to ascertain any health conditions You may have that may make it inadvisable for You to participate in the Event or any Event related activity.
By registering for or attending this Event, you acknowledge and consent to be recorded or photographed and authorize SDP to use your likeness, personal characteristics, and any other proprietary and publicity rights for any such purposes without the requirement of further notice, royalty, payment, or other compensation to or consent from you. This includes photographs, video, recordings, screenshots, written text or verbal comments/questions on the virtual platform, social media or emails (“Recording(s)”). By registering for or attending this Event you also acknowledged that all Recordings are the property of SDP.
We reserve the right to use any Recording taken at our Events, without the expressed written permission of those included within the Recording. We may use the Recording in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted, including, but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, social media, emails, etc. Consenting to Recording includes the use, editing, copying, publishing, and/or exhibition of the Recordings which may include your voice, name, and/or likeness, in any and all forms of media. To ensure the privacy of individuals, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject.
Code of Conduct
We are committed to creating a safe environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
By registering for or attending the Event, you agree to comply with the following Code of Conduct at all time during the Event and any Event-related gatherings.
The SDP leadership and staff are committed to providing a safe, productive, welcoming, and vibrant learning environment to all participants, including staff and vendors, at all of our Events. We welcome people from as many diverse backgrounds as possible. We expect our Events to be a respectful, harassment-free environment for people of all races, gender and trans identity, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, ethnicity, socioeconomic status and beliefs. We have no tolerance for discrimination, harassment, or bullying in any form at an Event for any reason, including on account of a person’s age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Participants are expected to adhere to these principles and respect the rights of others.
We’re grateful that our community is positive, friendly and supportive of one another — it’s what makes our events such a draw each year.
In that spirit, the staff, supporters, volunteers, attendees and speakers at SDP Events are expected to:
• Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
• Keep conversations professional, respectful and consider other parties’ points of view.
• Remember that the boundaries of good taste, humor, personal space and physical interaction differ from person to person; if you sense someone feels uncomfortable — whether they explicitly state it or not — be respectful of those boundaries.
• Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior. Harassment and inappropriate behavior may include, but are not limited to:
• Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic or otherwise discriminatory jokes or language, physical intimidation, stalking or following sustained disruption of talks or events.
• Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material; if for any reason you may need this material for an educational session, please contact SDP staff first and we can discuss how to give an appropriate warning to participants.
•Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping and unwelcomed sexual advances.
•Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
STATEMENT OF LIABILITY
Except where prohibited by applicable law, SDP does not bear any legal liability or responsibility for the safety or health of any attendee participating in this Event. SDP disclaims any liability for the acts of any outside entities related to this Event. SDP reserves the right to cancel the Event without liability.
In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in the Event, you hereby warrant and represent that you are age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue SDP and its officers, directors, employees, members and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injury, loss, or damage arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Event, including loss of life, illness, including, but not limited to, COVID-19, disability, property damage, or property theft or actions of any kind that you may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during, or after the Event, unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of the Released Parties. You further agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any liability for any injury, loss, damage, cost or expense arising out of or in connection with my negligence or misconduct at or in connection with the Event.
Recommendations given and views expressed by third-party speakers, sponsors and/or exhibitors are their own and SDP in no way endorses or guarantees such recommendations or views. SDP shall have no liability for any advice given, or views expressed, by any third-party speaker, sponsor and/or exhibitor at the Event or in any material provided to attendees that is prepared by third-parties.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE EVENT AND ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. FURTHER, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, IN NO EVENT WILL SDP OR ITS CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITY, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST BUSINESS, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED BENEFITS, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR AS A RESULT OF THIS REGISTRATION AGREEMENT, THE EVENT, OR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PRESENTED OR MADE AVAILABLE DURING THE EVENT, EVEN IF SDP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Each attendee shall be personally responsible for his/her behavior. The organizers do not accept responsibility for the behavior of any attendee or outside entity during the Event. SDP shall not be liable for any delays or failure in performance or interruption of services resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of SDP including but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, failure of transportation, weather, accidents, fires, electrical failures, strikes, labor disputes, postal delays, explosions, and government orders or regulations.
Attendees at this Event agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SDP, its officers, directors and agents, against all claims arising out of actions or omissions of attendee at or in connection with this Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, You (for Yourself, Your heirs, dependents, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on Your behalf or as a result of Your death or injury) hereby release SDP, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that You may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the materials.
Except where prohibited by applicable law, SDP disclaims any and all direct, special, consequential, incidental, punitive or other indirect damages of any kind whether alleged as a breach of contract or tortious conduct, including negligence, or based on any other cause of action.
Registering to attend this Event acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and provisions of registration.